1. Our privacy commitment
At Mobie (NZ) Limited (referred to as “Mobie”, “we”, “our”, or “us”), we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the applicable privacy law while any of your personal information is provided to us.
2. Why do we collect and retain your personal information?
In this policy, “personal information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 1993 (“Privacy Act”). It is referred to any information which can be used to personally identify you or from which you are reasonably identifiable. It may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) images of you, your biometric data and financial information, including your payment information.
The purposes for us collecting and retaining your personal information include:
- assisting you with your transactions withus;
- developing, improving and marketing our products and services and providing advice on ourproducts;
- operation and administration of accounts or subscriptions that you have withus;
- payment processing;
- accepting or considering job applications, and sending opportunities that may be of interest toyou;
- allowing you to participate in our loyalty or reward programs andcompetitions;
- dealing with any requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care relatedactivities;
- conducting certain checks (for example, for our fraud or theft prevention processes, if youwish to open an account with us, obtain credit from us, collect goods from a Mobie warehouse or storeroom, or pick-up goods in-store that have been ordered online);
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirementthat we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution; and
- for other reasons you might reasonably expect us to use your personal
3. What type of personal information do we collect from you as a customer?
The personal information we collect or which we may hold may include details such as
- your name;
- your address;
- your email;
- your telephone number(s);
- your date of birth;
- transaction information;
- your user name and password;
- your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, server address, domain name and informationon
your browsing activity when visiting our website;
- your user name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our products and services;
- your stated or likely preferences and interests (e.g. whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions), and any other details reasonably related to your shopping experience (e.g. sizing details) or dealings with us (e.g. jobapplications);
- CCTV images of you whilst you are in one of our
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so where we require this information, we may not be able to provide our goods and services to you.
4. How do we collect your personal information?
4.1 General collection
We may collect personal information about you during your interactions with us including when:
you order goods or services from us in-store, from online or over the telephone; you make an enquiry with us;
you join our membership programs;
you participate in a survey, promotion or competition; and
you visit or contribute to our online channels such as our websites, social media platforms and other digital services.
4.2 Cookies and other technologies
We may collect personal information about you using cookies and other technologies when you visit our websites to create a better and more consistent shopping experience that is more personal to you.
You can delete cookies that are already on your computer by going to the “settings” section in your browser which should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to use certain functions of our website.
4.3 Social media and other third-party websites
We use a number of third-party websites and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
We may make use of any information that you make public when you use any such services or platforms. Such information available for use by us may include images and text relating to us or our products, services, promotions, events, memberships and cards.
You may be able to access other third-party websites through our websites. If the operators of those third-party websites collect information about you, we may have arrangements in place with those third parties that allows us to collect or have access to that information.
4.4 In-store surveillance
We operate 24-hour video surveillance cameras in our stores and other premises to detect and prevent theft, respond to an incident or emergency and help with the safety and security of our team members, customers and members of the public. These recordings are not monitored by any outside organization and cameras will not be placed in areas that would unreasonably intrude on the privacy of individuals.
5. How do we use your personal information?
5.1 General Use
We may use your personal information to provide our memberships, communicate with you or respond to an enquiry/complaint/application, and fulfill your orders.
We may use your personal information that we have collected to promote and market products and services to you, including through methods such as email and SMS. We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes where you have opted out of receiving such communications. When we send you marketing communications, we may provide you a particular way to opt-out such as via email.
Please note that when you create an account with us, or provide your details on an online form, your details will be added to our marketing database to receive information relating to Mobie and our products. You may also choose to receive such information by subscribing to our marketing database via our website.
To opt-out of receiving Mobie marketing materials from our marketing database, you will need to unsubscribe from our database. To do this, simply select the "unsubscribe" option
in one of the emails that you receive from us. Please note that if you have an account with Mobie, we may still need to send you essential information about your account.
5.3 Sharing your personal information
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions or services in connection with our business, such as delivery; product repair or recall; payment processing; marketing; banking; mailing functions; gateway provision; insurance; document management; information technology services including data storage, hosting and security; employment matters; for operation of our website; or where we are otherwise required to by law. We may also disclose personal information to our related companies, and to other third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of information to those third parties.
6. How do we secure your personal information?
Even though our websites are professionally hosted and operate in a secure environment, there is always a risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet. To make sure you are accessing a secure server, please check for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol generally located either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window.
We are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which is an information security standard for organizations that handle credit card data. This means that your credit card details will be handled using secure processes when you shop with us online and in-store. However, please do not enter any credit card details when
contacting us via email or through our website “Contact Us” form. Credit card details will not be encrypted in these situations and will not be secure.
6.2 Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including from misuse, interference and unauthorized access or disclosure. We require our team members to adhere to our internal information security policies to safeguard your personal information at all times.
If we no longer need your personal information, then we may destroy or de-identify the information.
If we become aware that your information has been subjected to unauthorized access, we will report such breach as required by law.
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including:
- as part of customer records and other electronic documents which are stored in our information technology systems and servers or those operated by third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business;and
- by securely storing hard copy documents at our various premises and using third party document management and archiving
6.3 Remaining anonymous
Generally, you can deal with Mobie anonymously (i.e. without identifying yourself). You also may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
7. How do you access and correct your personal information?
If you wish to access or correct any of your personal information we hold, please contact
- We will provide you with access to your personal information in a reasonable period of time, except in limited circumstances (such as if the access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of another person or where such access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others).
Before we provide you with access to your personal information, we will require proof of identity. Please provide as much detail as you can about the information you are requesting, in order to help us retrieve it. If we refuse your request or are unable to provide you with access to your personal information or are unable to provide it in the manner requested by you, we will provide a written response outlining our reasons.
Sometimes your personal information that we hold will become out of date. Please immediately advise us of any change to your personal information and we will amend our records accordingly.
8. Obtaining a copy of this policy
9. What if you are not happy with how we treat your personal information?
If you have any questions or would like to raise any concerns about your personal information, please email, or write to us. As always, we value your feedback and ideas.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Privacy Officer, Mobie New Zealand Limited S57, Royal Oak Mall,
691 Manukau Rd,
Royal Oak, Auckland 1023
If you make a complaint with us regarding your personal information, we will aim to respond to your compliant within 20 working days. If you are not happy with our response, please let us know and we will aim to address any further concerns you have.